World Wildlife Day 2022: Check out this year’s theme of the day, history, quotes, slogans and wishes to share.
World Wildlife Day 2022: The United Nations World Wildlife Day is observed annually on March 3 to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild animals and plants.
World Wildlife Day 2022 : Theme, Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Slogans
It is observed to raise awareness about the world’s wild animals and plants. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 20 December 2013, at its 68th session, proclaimed 3 March which is the day of signature of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) in 1973 as UN World Wildlife Day. Now, it is the most important annual event across the world dedicated to wildlife.
The day provides us an opportunity to celebrate various beautiful and varied forms of wild fauna and flora and to spread awareness about the several benefits that their conservation provides to people. It also reminds us about the urgent need to step up the fight against wildlife crime and human-induced reduction of species, which further have economic, environmental, and social impacts. Scroll down for some tweets.
World Wildlife Day: History
On December 20, 2013, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), at its 68th session, proclaimed March 3 as the UN World Wildlife Day to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild animals and plants. March 3 is also the day of signature of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) in 1973.
According to the UN, the UNGA resolution designated the CITES Secretariat as the facilitator for the global observance of this special day for wildlife on the UN calendar. World Wildlife Day has now become the most important global annual event dedicated to wildlife.
World Wildlife Day: Significance
The animals and plants that live in the wild have an intrinsic value. The wild fauna and flora contribute to the ecological, genetic, social, economic, scientific, educational, cultural, recreational and aesthetic aspects of human well-being and to sustainable development.
According to the UN, World Wildlife Day is an opportunity to celebrate the many beautiful and varied forms of wild fauna and flora and to raise awareness of the multitude of benefits that their conservation provides to people. At the same time, World Wildlife Day reminds us of the urgent need to step up the fight against wildlife crime and human-induced reduction of species, which have wide-ranging economic, environmental and social impacts. Considering these various negative effects, Sustainable Development Goal 15 focuses on halting biodiversity loss.
World Wildlife Day 2022: Theme
The theme of World Wildlife Day 2022 is “Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration”.
The theme of World Wildlife Day 2021 was “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
The theme highlights the key role of forests, forest species, and ecosystem services in sustaining the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people across the world mainly of indigenous and local communities with historic ties to forested and forest-adjacent areas.
The theme of World Wildlife Day 2020 was “Sustaining all life on Earth”. It focuses on all wild animal and plant species as a component of the diversity and livelihoods of people mainly those who live closest to nature.
It is also mentioned in the UN Sustainable Development Goals 1, 12, 14, and 15, and their focus on alleviating poverty, ensuring sustainable use of resources, and conserving life on land and below water to maintain the loss of biodiversity.
World Wildlife Day 2022: Quotes
1. “I grew up in the countryside, and I was obsessed with horses and wildlife.” – Bella Freud
2. “Wild animals are less wild and more human than many humans of this world.” –
The wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt
4. “Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plan to protect man.” – Stewart Udall
5. “The animals of the world exist for their own reasons.” – Alice Walker.
6. “The real wealth of the Nation lies in the resources of the earth – soil, water, forests, minerals, and wildlife.” – Rachel Carson.
7. “Wildlife is something which man cannot construct. Once it is gone, it is gone forever.” -Joy Adamson.
8. “Wilderness without wildlife is just scenery.” – Lois Crisler.
9. “We can breed endangered species in captivity but with nowhere wild to release them their days are probably numbered.” – Steve Irwin.
10. “Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are.” – Gretel Ehrlich.
11. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright.
12. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber.
13. “The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is a unique and biologically special place that should be preserved.” – Dan Lipinski
14. “It would be absolutely useless for any of us to work to save wildlife without working to educate the next generation of conservationists.” – Jane Goodall
15. “Time is running out for nature and wildlife around the world.” – Jennifer Morgan
World Wildlife Day 2022: Wishes and Messages
1. We all can contribute to saving the wildlife by doing our bit of duties. Wishing everyone a very Happy World Wildlife Day!
2. We must thank God for the diverse flora and fauna we have been gifted with. Wishing you a very Happy World Wildlife Day!
3. Animals are also a part of this world and therefore, they also need to be protected and saved. Warm wishes on World Wildlife Day.
4. We all are inter-connected and inter-related. With detreating wildlife, humans will be left with a dark future. Happy World Wildlife Day!
5. The quality of life for humans is going to get worse with the wildlife getting extinct. Let us save them for the planet. Warm wishes on World Wildlife Day.
6. It will not change the world if you will save one animal but it will certainly change the world for that one animal. Happy World Wildlife Day!
7. We should protect the wildlife because directly or indirectly our life depends on them. Happy World Wildlife Day!
8. Raise your voice to save animals. Don’t kill the beauty of the jungle. Happy World Wildlife Day!
9. Love the animals and Wildlife because they are the true Gold on earth. Happy World Wildlife Day!
10. The occasion of World Wildlife Day reminds us, humans, that the responsibility of saving animals lies on our shoulders because we are the ones who made them homeless. Happy World Wildlife Day!
World Wildlife Day 2022: Slogans
1. It is our duty to do good to wildlife.
2. Save animals because they are a part of this world.
3. Keep calm and save wildlife.
4. Stand to save wildlife.
5. No wildlife – No human life.
6. Time to stand up for wildlife.
7. Save wildlife to save this world.
8. Say no to animal abuse.
9. It is our duty to do good to wildlife.
10. Nature is a treasure save it for pleasure.
What you have learned today
I sincerely hope that I have given you all the information about “World Wildlife Day 2022 : Theme, Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Slogans” and I hope you have understood about this banking term. Get more details on various Trending Topics.
Urge all of you readers to share this information with your neighborhood, relatives, your friends, so that there will be awareness among us and it will benefit everyone a lot. I need your cooperation so that I can bring even more new information to you.
It has always been my endeavor to always help my readers, if you people have any doubt of any kind then you can ask me without hesitation. I’m going to try to find a solution to those doubts.
How do you find out how to find out this article “World Wildlife Day 2022 : Theme, Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Slogans“, please let us know by writing a comment so that we can also learn something from your ideas and improve something.