World Hearing Day 2023: Check out this year’s theme of the day, history, quotes, slogans and wishes to share.
According to WHO, more than 360 million people live with disabling hearing loss. Also, more than 1 billion people aged 12-35 years are at risk of hearing loss because of recreational noise exposure. Worldwide, the overall cost of not addressing hearing loss is more than $750 billion.
- In the year 2007, it was announced to celebrate World Hearing Day.
- The announcement was made by the World Health Organization.
- Its purpose is to make people aware of the danger of hearing loss.
If you do not know why World Hearing Day is celebrated and what is its importance, then definitely read this article.
— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) March 3, 2022
- Objective of World Hearing Day
- World Hearing Day 2022 : Theme
- World Hearing Day 2023: History
- World Hearing Day Slogans
- Habits that can lead to deafness at an early age
- WHO key messages on World Hearing
- Ways to protect ears and hearing
- Here WHO: The World Health Organization’s App for Deafness
- External links
- What you have learned today
Objective of World Hearing Day
The main objectives behind the World Hearing Day are “to share information and promote actions towards the prevention of hearing loss and improved hearing care”.
To achieve these objective, each year WHO chooses a theme, develops educational materials around the chosen theme and makes the educational material available for free in several languages worldwide.
- What is ‘World Wetlands Day’ and why is it celebrated?– World Wetlands Day 2022: History, significance, theme, Quotes in Hindi
- Statue of Unity facts in hindi, 27 special things of ‘Statue of Unity’ – Height, Weight & more
- Essay on ill effects of polythene | Essay on Plastic Pollution
- Top 10 World Richest man (Updated 2022)
- Srinivasa Ramanujan Biography (Biography) | Srinivasa Ramanujan Biography in
World Hearing Day 2022 : Theme
The theme of World Hearing Day 2022 is “To hear for life, listen with care!”, lays emphasis on hearing loss prevention through safe listening!
The theme focuses on the importance and means of hearing loss prevention through safe listening.
2021 : World Hearing Day 2021 Theme: Hearing Care for All – It is dedicated to present a global call to action to promote hearing care for everybody at every age.
2019: The theme of the campaign for 2019 was “Check your hearing” as data from both developed and developing countries indicate that a significant part of the burden associated with hearing loss comes from unaddressed hearing difficulties.
2018: The theme of World Hearing Day 2018 was “Hear the future” to highlight the estimates of an increase in the number of people with hearing loss around the world in the coming decades.
2017: The theme of World Hearing Day 2017 was “Action for hearing loss: make a sound investment”, which focused on the economic impact of hearing loss.
2016: The theme of World Hearing Day 2016 was “Childhood hearing loss: act now, here is how!” which provided information on public health measures that could prevent significant percentage of cases of hearing loss in children.
2015: The theme for World Hearing Day 2015 was “Make Listening Safe”, which drew attention to the rising problem of noise-induced hearing loss due to recreational exposure.
World Hearing Day 2023: History
In 2007, WHO observed World Hearing Day for the first time. The day was earlier known as International Ear Care Day.
After 2016, WHO changed its name to World Hearing Day. WHO selects a theme every year and develops educational materials.
These materials are available in various languages. Not only this, but it also coordinates and reports on events across the world.
World Hearing Day Slogans
- Protect your ear, here and there
- Warning! Risk of high noise levels, hearing protection must be worn
- Warning! Hearing protection required
- No need to fear if you protect your ear
- Hearing protection sounds good
- Hearing protection is easy, Hearing is priceless
- Ear protection must be worn
- Listen up! Protect your hearing
- Your hearing power is in your hands
- Protect your hearing
- Wear ear protectors
- It’s a noisy world. Protect your hearing
- Block that noise, wear ear protection
- Save your hearing, wear hearing protection
- Life is worth listening to, wear hearing protection
- Caution! Ear protection area
- Hearing safety for your future
- Protect your ears or end up deaf
- Hands Up, wear hearing protection
- Hey! It’s up to you! Hearing loss is preventable
- Give your ears a rest
- Keep calm and protect your hearing power
- Love your hearing, protect your hearing
- Noise. It all adds up. Wear hearing protection
- Hearing protection is a sound investment
- Forgot your hearing protection? Forget about hearing!
- Hearing loss is a huge loss, protect your important tool
- Better to be safe than to be sorry!
- Keep calm & wear hearing protection
Habits that can lead to deafness at an early age
According to health experts, ears are one of the most delicate organs, which require special care.
However, due to some bad lifestyle habits, hearing ability of people has been affected a lot in the last few years. The main reason for this is the habit of listening to headphones in loud noises.
Let us know further about the habits that can cause deafness.
- smoking can make you deaf
- excessive use of cotton earbuds
- habit of wearing earphones
- Habit of ignoring ear problems
WHO key messages on World Hearing
- Possibility of having good hearing across life.
- Various common causes of hearing loss can be prevented including hearing loss that is caused by exposure to loud sounds.
- Learn how to prevent hearing loss caused by loud sounds.
- Risk of hearing loss can be reduced from loud recreational noise. Therefore, use hearing protection including earplugs or earmuffs.
- WHO calls upon governments, industry partners, and civil society to spread awareness for and implement evidence-based standards that promote safe listening.
Ways to protect ears and hearing
At all stages of life, good hearing and communication are important.
Some of the preventive actions are mentioned below to avoid hearing loss and related ear diseases:
- Avoid loud noise whenever possible.
- It is important to turn down the volume of personal listening devices including headphones, and earbuds.
- Give years rest and take periodic breaks from noise.
- Protection against loud sounds – Use hearing protection like earplugs or noise-cancelling earmuffs.
- Good ear care practices, and
Here WHO: The World Health Organization’s App for Deafness
The World Health Organization has launched an app called “HereWHO”, a free application for mobile devices to test for hearing loss.
This app allows people to get their hearing checked regularly and to intervene early in case of hearing loss.
The app is targeted at people who are at risk of hearing loss or who already experience some of the symptoms related to hearing loss.
This application was launched last on 3rd March 2019 on “World Hearing Day 2019”.
This app benefits people who are often exposed to high levels of sound, such as those who listen to loud music or work in noisy places.
Android users can download this app from Google play store –
Apple iPhone users can download this app from App Store –
Official Website : https://www.who.int/campaigns/world-hearing-day/2022
Disclaimer: Presentation is based on assumptions and information only. Do not take it as advice from a professional medical practitioner. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting any fitness program or making changes to your diet.
- World Health Organization, Prevention of Blindness and Deafness, World Hearing Day.
- A recording for 2019 meetup for the Wiki4WorldHearingDay2019 campaign.
- Make Listening Safe, initiative by the World Health Organization to promote safe listening practices
What you have learned today
I sincerely hope that I have given you all the information about “World Hearing Day 2023: Theme, History, Slogan, Significance” and I hope you have understood about this. Get more details on various Trending Topics.
Urge all of you readers to share this information with your neighborhood, relatives, your friends, so that there will be awareness among us and it will benefit everyone a lot. I need your cooperation so that I can bring even more new information to you.
It has always been my endeavor to always help my readers, if you people have any doubt of any kind then you can ask me without hesitation. I’m going to try to find a solution to those doubts.
How do you find out how to find out this article “World Hearing Day 2023: Theme, History, Slogan, Significance”, please let us know by writing a comment so that we can also learn something from your ideas and improve something.