WhatsApp backup on Android can be made on Google Drive. Let us tell you about it in detail so that all your chats, photos and videos are stored safely. And they can be restored again if needed.
If you haven’t used this feature yet, the first time you install WhatsApp, you will be asked to switch on this feature. If it does not, then you can setup it by going to the menu.
1. You will see three dots in the top right side of the main interface of the app. Tap on them.
2. Then go to Settings, then to Chats & Calls. Then tap on Chat Backup. Here you will get the option to setup Google Drive.
Let us tell you that internal backup is also made here. You can keep a backup in the phone’s internal storage by tapping on the first backup. But as soon as the data of the phone is deleted, this backup will also be deleted.
On this page, Google Drive settings will appear at the bottom.
1. First tap on Backup to Google Drive. Here you can set the backup time. You will get options like Never, Daily, Weekly and Monthly. We would suggest that you choose Daily.
2. Then tap on Choose an Account. Here you can decide on which Gmail ID to backup WhatsApp.
3. You will get the first option of the mail id which has been used to install the Android device. If you want, you can also use any other email id. For this you have to tap on Add Account. And the given instructions have to be followed.
4. Now you can decide what type of Internet you want to backup. On Wi-Fi only, or on Wi-Fi+ cellular.
5. In the backup settings, you get the option to back up the videos as well. You can also make a backup of the videos you come across on WhatsApp by clicking on Include Videos.
Keep in mind that the data backed up here is stored in your Google Drive account. It cannot be read by browsing as a Drive client.
backup on iphone
Users using WhatsApp on iPhone can also create a backup in this way. Open WhatsApp on iOS. Then go to Settings and go to Chat Settings. Here the option of chat backup will be available. Choose from the options given here as per your convenience. In iOS, the facility to create a backup is on iCloud.
restore like this
As soon as you install the new WhatsApp, you will be asked to restore. Keep in mind that you will need to sign in to your Android device with the same Google account on which you backed up the WhatsApp app.