If you have bought a new phone, or lost your phone, or it suddenly stopped working, then you face this problem. This has happened to all of us and will continue to happen to many more. The only way to avoid this is to have a backup of all the contacts with you. To back up contacts on your smartphone, do this.
You can back up your iPhone’s contacts to your computer via iCloud or iTunes. Keeping a backup on iCloud is very simple, but it will require an internet connection.
1. Go to Settings, then select iCloud.
2. The switch next to the contacts should be in the green position.
You can back up your contacts to iCloud continuously with just this one step. If you format your phone, all the contacts will be back as soon as you sign in to the iCloud account.
If you don’t have an Internet connection, you can still back up contacts through iTunes.
1. First of all download and install the latest version of iTunes.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB.
3. Launch iTunes.
4. Tap the iPhone icon in the top left of the menu bar.
5. Tap Info on the sidebar on the left.
6. Check sync contacts.
7. After this, by going to the drop down menu, you can choose the services in which you can sync your contacts. us on a Windows device
There is an option to sync with Outlook or Windows Contacts. Contacts backed up on Windows Contacts remain on the machine.
8. After selecting Windows Contacts, click on the switch in the pop-up after which the backup process will start.
This way your iPhone contacts will be backed up on your personal computer. The Windows Contacts feature isn’t available on Windows 7, but you can install it through Windows Live Essentials.
If you have internet connection then you can back up contacts on android phone in this way.
1. Go to Settings. Tap on Accounts and then select Google.
2. Tap on the account name written at the top.
3. Make sure there is a check mark for Contacts.
After this all your contacts will be backed up on your Google account continuously. Just keep in mind that the menu may be slightly different due to different company mobile phones and different Android versions. If you do not have internet on your phone then follow this procedure.
1. Open Contacts.
2. Tap the three vertical dots in the top right.
3. Select Import/Export
4. Tap on Export to Storage.
5. This will be followed by a pop-up informing you of where your contacts will be exported. Tap on OK.
6. Open the File Manager app on your phone. If you don’t have this app on your phone, you can download ES File Explorer.
7. In the file manager, go to the folder where the contacts are stored. If you do not know much about it, then search by typing vcf and you will see the contacts file.
Copy these files and store them in a safe place. If you need these contacts in the future, you will need to use the import function in the Contacts section.
1. Go to Settings. Select Account.
2. Tap on Add Account shown at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on Email, Calendar & Contacts.
4. Enter your Gmail ID and tap on Next.
5. Then enter your password and tap Sign In.
6. With this your account will be set up. Make sure Sync Contacts is turned on.
With this, all the contacts on your BlackBerry 10 will be backed up to your Google Account. If you format your phone, then use the same Gmail ID once again. By doing this, your contacts will automatically come on the phone.
You don’t need to do anything special to backup contacts on Windows Phone. When you first set up the phone, you have to sign in using a Microsoft account. After that all your contacts are automatically backed up in Microsoft account.