Blood Cancer Treatment: Cancer is a very dangerous disease in itself and among these also blood cancer is considered the most dangerous. The reason for this is the speed of growth of this cancer. Blood cancer is believed to grow at the fastest rate in comparison to all other cancers. There are many such things related to blood cancer, which people want to confirm. Delhi based oncologist Dr. Amrita Chakraborty is answering many such questions.
What is blood cancer and how many types are there?
Dr. Amrita says ‘Blood cancer mainly includes three types of diseases, which are called leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma. You can also understand these as three types of blood cancer. Then leukemia is also of two types, one in which blood cancer spreads very fast and the other in which cancer grows slowly. Then comes lymphoma, in which cancer becomes like a lump. Multiple myeloma is called Bonnero’s disease.
It is clear from this fact that blood cancer also includes many terms and conditions in itself. That’s why it would not be right to say that blood cancer spreads the fastest because it also has slow growing and fast growing cancers. Now let’s know whether the symptoms of blood cancer are as specific as this cancer…
What are the symptoms of blood cancer?
Talking about the symptoms, Dr. Chakraborty says, according to different types of blood cancer, their symptoms also differ. The symptoms which are seen in all types of blood cancer are like this…
- recurring fever
- very weak immunity
- frequent infections
- having platelets
- to bleed
- feeling weak
- having anemia
- shortness of breath
- feel lumps
- loss of appetite
- persistent weight loss
- having back pain
- night sweats that soak clothes
- weakening of bones
- increased calcium in the blood
What is the treatment of blood cancer?
- Answering this, Dr. Chakraborty says that ‘according to different types of blood cancer, their treatment is also different. But mainly chemotherapy is used. Apart from this, immunotherapy, targeted therapy and radio therapy are also used. Although radio therapy is mainly used in the treatment of lymphoma blood cancer.
- In acute leukemia, where chemotherapy does not work, bone marrow transplant is used. Bone marrow transplant is also done if lymphoma recovers once and bone marrow transplant is also done in multiple myeloma.
What is bone marrow transplant?
Bone marrow are very soft tissues of a special kind, which are filled inside the bones. Some of their cells are taken and used in transplant. These bone marrow can also be taken from the patient’s body and can also be taken from any other donor. Which method will be adopted on which patient, it depends on the condition of the patient.
Can blood cancer be completely cured?
- Yes it is possible now. In the last 10-15 years very good and developed technology has come in the treatment of cancer. By using which blood cancer can also be completely cured. But conditions are applied in this also because in the treatment of cancer, not only the condition of cancer, but many things like the patient’s age, medical history, how the lungs, heart, liver and kidneys are working, are important.
- Due to these conditions, the ability of each patient to fight against the disease becomes different and then the effect of the medicines also happens in the same way. It can be said that in today’s time, complete recovery of blood cancer patients is possible.
Read also: Cancer has become an epidemic, not a disease… the answer to every question related to it, which you should know
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI)
Calculate The Age Through Age Calculator