There are two types of diabetes type-1 diabetes and type-2 diabetes. Family history is responsible for type 1 diabetes, whereas type 2 diabetes is the result of wrong eating habits and poor lifestyle. Diabetes mellitus occurs when the pancreas in our body stops producing insulin or stops producing insulin, then the level of sugar in the blood starts increasing. If the level of sugar in the blood is not controlled, then you become a victim of diabetes.
Tit-2 diabetes has become a rapidly spreading disease, which people are falling prey to at an early age. Along with diet and lifestyle, many other factors are responsible for type-2 diabetes, such as excess fat, high BP, not sleeping on time, sleeping late in the morning, too much intoxication and adopting an inactive lifestyle.
If you have type 2 diabetes, make changes in your lifestyle and control your diet. There are some foods in the diet that can rapidly increase the level of sugar in the blood, avoid them. Let us know which things to avoid in the diet of type-2 diabetes patients.
- If you are suffering from type-2 diabetes, then avoid consuming high fat meat in the diet.
- Avoid consuming full fat dairy products like fat milk, butter and cheese, your diabetes will be under control.
- Avoid consuming sweet things like candies, cookies, sweets, baked goods and ice creams, your sugar will be under control.
- Avoid sweet drinks like fruit juices, soda, sweet tea, sports drinks, sugar will remain under control.
- Avoid table sugar, brown sugar and honey in sweets.
- Processed foods can increase sugar and avoid them. In processed food, you should avoid chips, processed meat, popcorn made in the microwave.
Patients with type 2 diabetes should keep an eye on the amount of carbohydrates. Patients with type 2 diabetes can lower their blood sugar levels by consuming a limited amount of carbs. Let us know which are the foods which are low in carbohydrates.
- Avoid wheat and white rice.
- Avoid dried beans, pulses and legumes.
- Avoid potatoes and other starchy foods as well.
- Avoid processed snacks, milk and yogurt.