Paneer Biryani Recipe : People’s mouth waters as soon as they take the name of Biryani. If you are a vegetarian, then you must have stayed away from non-veg biryani. At the same time, whenever you feel like eating biryani, then you will be eating biryani prepared only from vegetables. If you want to taste something different, then you can try Paneer Biryani. Let’s know its easy recipe-
History of Biryani
The word Biryani is originally derived from the Zoroastrian language, which was the official language of the courts of the Mughal, Afghan and Turkic rulers who came from Central Asia to different parts of India during the Middle Ages. There is also a hypothesis about it that it originated from the Persian word ‘bring’ used for rice.
Paneer Biryani Recipe
Ingredients for making Paneer Biryani:
- Paneer – 1/2 kg
- Rice – one bowl cooked
- Cumin – 1/2 tbsp
- Big cardamom – 2
- Chhoti Elechali – 3
- Cinnamon – a piece
- Onion – cut into 3 slices
- Tomato paste – one cup
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tbsp
- Red chili – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/3 tbsp
- Garlic ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Curd – half cup
- Green chili – 2 chopped
- Green coriander finely chopped
- Mint leaves – 7 to 8 leaves
- Salt – as per taste
- Firstly soak the rice for 15 to 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, after the water becomes hot, add soaked rice and cook it till 75%.
- When the rice is more than half cooked, then filter the rice with water.
- After this, cut the paneer, then after turning on the gas, add 3 tablespoons of oil in the pan and fry the paneer in reverse till it turns brown.
- After this, peel the onion and wash it well and cut it into slices.
- After this make tomato paste and keep it.
- Now heat oil in a vessel.
- After the oil is hot, add cumin, big cardamom, small cardamom, cinnamon.
- After this add finely chopped onion and fry it till it turns golden brown. Now add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 seconds.
- After 2 seconds add curd and cook it for 1 minute, now add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- After this add tomato paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add a cup of water and cook the spices well for 2 minutes.
- After that add rice to it and cook it well.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off the flame.
read this also:
Infected Syringe: Be cautious during vaccination, take these precautions with syringe