Ganesh Jayanti 2023: The birth anniversary of Ganapati is celebrated every year on Chaturthi Tithi of Shukla Paksha of Magh month i.e. Vinayaka Chaturthi. Mythological belief is that Ganapati, the son of Goddess Parvati, was born on this date, hence this day is also called Ganesh Jayanti.
It is said that on the day of the birth anniversary of Vighnaharta Ganesha, if he is worshiped with fasting and rituals, then there is happiness of children and happiness in married life, as well as there is freedom from severe crying, every pain and the pain of Mercury-Ketu. Ganesh Jayanti is on 25 January 2023. Let’s know the auspicious time, worship method, mantra and rules of Ganpati worship on this day
Ganesh Jayanti 2023 Muhurat
Magh Shukla Vinayak Chaturthi date starts – 24 January 2023, 03.22 pm
Magh Shukla Vinayak Chaturthi date ends – 25 January 2023, 12.34 pm
- Ganesh Jayanti Puja Timings – 11.34 am – 12.34 pm (25 January 2023)
- Prohibited Moon sighting time – 09:58 am – 10:01 pm (25 January 2023)
- Ravi Yoga – morning 06.44 – 08.05 (25 January 2023)
Ganesh Jayanti Puja Vidhi
- On the day of Ganesh Jayanti, bathe with sesame seeds in water in the morning and take a vow of fasting in front of Ganapati by wearing red clothes.
- Place a wooden post in the north-east direction and spread a red cloth on it. Install the urn on the post.
- Now bathe the Ganapati idol made of metal in a vessel mixed with sesame seeds in the water of the Ganges and then Asya Prana Pratisthantu Asya Prana: Ksharantu Ch. Shree Ganapati Tvam Supratistha Varde Bhavetam. Establish Ganapati on the post while chanting this mantra.
- Offer Roli, Molly, Turmeric, Vermilion, Akshat, Sandalwood, Abir, Gulal, Ashtagandh, Mehendi, Red flower, Clove, Cardamom, Perfume, Betel leaf, Cloth, Coconut to Gauri’s son Ganesha.
- Now put a little turmeric in the sacred thread and wear it on Ganapati. ‘Shri Ganeshay Namah Durvakuran Samarpayami. , Offer 11 or 21 durva in pairs while chanting the mantra.
- Ganesh Jayanti is also known as Til Kund Chaturthi. On this day, Ganpati should be offered ice or laddoos made of sesame seeds.
- Offer his favorite five fruits (banana, sitaphal, jamun, guava, vine) to Ganapati. Be careful not to keep basil in the prasad, basil is prohibited in the worship of Ganapati.
- Recite Ganapati Chalisa by lighting a lamp with scented incense and three lights and read the story of Ganesh Jayanti.
- Perform aarti of Ganapati along with the family and then distribute the prasad among all. On this day the cow should be fed sesame food and it is also best to donate sesame seeds.
Do not do this work on Ganesh Jayanti (Ganesh Jayanti Puja Niyam)
- Do not use Tulsi Dal in the worship of Ganapati on Ganesh Jayanti. According to mythological belief, Ganpati had cursed Tulsi.
- It is prohibited to use dry flowers, Ketaki flower, white colored things (white janeu, white sandalwood, white cloth), broken Akshat in the worship of Bappa.
- Do not disrespect elder brother, parents and elders even by mistake on the day of Ganesh Jayanti. This gives inauspicious results of Ketu. Along with this, there seems to be a speech defect.
Ganesh Jayanti 2023: Ganesh Jayanti fast is incomplete without this story, know the worship method of Bappa
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Before implementing any information or belief, consult the relevant expert.