CCTV security system has now become an integral part of maintaining security level. There have been various technological developments in these systems to improve and enhance their functioning. One such development is the use of cloud-based technology that makes it possible for the users to store camera-related data remotely without any difficulty. Various security solutions company today provides their customer with cloud-based security solutions. Now the user does not have to worry about the storage capacity and keep all the footage safely and access it from anywhere and at any time. These solutions provide ease and convenience to its users as they can be easily installed and require minimal maintenance as compared to the traditional system. All the cameras can be connected to the cloud center without any human interaction thus leaving no room for error or negligence.
Visit TechPepe to know about more such devices
The process of storing files to the cloud server is no doubt it is a complex procedure but the good news is that the whole process is taken care of by the system itself leaving humans with minimal effort requirements. The footage from the video surveillance system is stored off-site in a systematic manner with proper data and time thus making it easier for a user to access the footage as per their needs. Everything peacefully takes place and that too without any need of the bulky system. Before deciding on upgrading your current CCTV system or installing a new system, one must be aware of certain components that are used in this system. This will guide you in making an informed decision about the surveillance system. These are mentioned below:
- IP Surveillance Cameras: IP cameras are the first component in cloud surveillance. These cameras are just like regular cameras but with a unique feature of converting the recorded video into data and then sending these over the internet. The CCTVs cameras of the surveillance system record the HD quality but the frame can be changed according to one’s needs and requirements. The internet network or broadband service also impacts the quality of the footage.
- Recording Devices: The surveillance of the respective area can be undertaken through mainly three types of recording devices. But for cloud-based surveillance two recordings i.e. cloud-managed video recorder (CVMR) and network video recorder (NVR). CVMR is very popular for cloud-based surveillance systems as these allow the direct upload of footage from the IP cameras to the required cloud center server.
- Network Connectivity: Without the availability of proper network connectivity, the cloud-based surveillance system would be useless. This is because the recorder requires good network connectivity in sending the footage to the cloud server and a drop in connectivity can lead to uneven footage which will be of no use. Thus before installing the cloud-based surveillance system, one must ensure they have the right network connection.
- VMS: Video management system is the prerequisite for a video surveillance system. It manages and ensures the smooth functioning of the system. It is because of this system everything from downloading, analyzing, and viewing can be performed all in one stop. VMS also makes it possible for easy integration with an existing security system.
- Cloud Plan: Before shifting to a cloud-based surveillance system, one needs to have an active cloud plan which will include what premises are to be covered and how many cameras are needed to cover the area. One can avail the services of the technician as they will be in a better position in guiding you and thus helping you in making the right decision. Based on your needs and budget, they will suggest the best cloud plans.
Hence these are the components the understanding of which will help the individual in the proper implementation of the surveillance system. Cloud video surveillance solutions have various benefits to offer to their users. Some of these benefits are mentioned below:
- Easy installation: Installing traditional surveillance involves lots of effort, time, and money. This is because they are bulky systems with various wires and cables attached thus making the whole process very cumbersome and tedious. Besides this, IT staff is required as they with their expert knowledge are the only ones that can make the installation of these systems a success. But thanks to cloud-based technology now all this work has been simplified as with software configuration all the cameras can be easily connected to the server. Also, these systems can be easily maintained without any hassle. The cloud service provider takes care of the health of the system remotely and keeps the user notified about any updates through mail or text. Thus everything happens peacefully.
- Convenience: The biggest benefit of Cloud-based surveillance systems is the convenience that they offer. As everything is stored over a cloud network, thus the individual can access the footage from anywhere and at any time provided that they have an internet connection. Thus breaking downtime and place barriers and thus enhancing accessibility to the highest level. The users can access the required footage from any device such as mobile, PC, tablet, etc.
- Safe Storage: Storing of the recorded footage over a cloud server is a safer option than a traditional storage system as the chances of the files getting lost, damaged, or stolen is minimal to zero. They also create a backup of the recorded footage thus providing an extra layer of security without any additional efforts and investment. Also, the chances of data being hacked are very low as the files are properly encrypted. Such benefits are missing when one uses a traditional system.
- Storage Capacity: The storage capacity of a cloud-based surveillance system cannot be matched by a traditional system that comes with limited capacity and to store new files, in many cases one is required to delete the old files without any backup. But no such issue is faced when one shift to a cloud-based surveillance system as one can easily change the storage retention by doing nothing but a click. Also, these systems enable flexible storage plans that one can choose as per their needs.
Hence these are the various benefits that one can avail by shifting to the cloud-based surveillance system.