Since it has been a long period of time I was searching for the treatment of herpes on lips all the way possible. There are many fake rumors and superstitions all over. I went down from head to tail but could not sort out the problem. After so many researches I did, I was out of hope since I couldn’t find the cure or treatment. However, I didn’t loose my cool and I finally saw a light.
Today I will share on how to treat herpes on lips with you. Read the whole article before you waste your money on website scams and other temporary treatments, pills, drugs and tonics.
Now, before we go to the solution; it is necessary to know about the symptoms and how it causes and more importantly what herpes is.
What is Herpes?
Herpes, we know it as a skin disease or we may also like to call it a virus infection. It may appear on any part of the body, especially lips and mouth. However, it basically is a sexually transmitted disease (STD), which is caused by a virus known as herpes simplex virus (HSV).
The virus is of two types, HSV-1 (Herpes Simplex Virus-1) and HSV-2 (Herpes Simplex Virus-2). Many of you may be experiencing cold sores and gums on your lips or inside your mouth, that we call it an oral infection, is caused by HSV-1, and HSV-2 is responsible for genital herpes.
Symptoms of Herpes:
It is very important to know the symptoms at the first stage. The Virus can reside on your body both externally and internally. Many people may not even know if they are carrying the virus. For most of you, it may not appear externally, but internally the virus is developing overnights. It weakens your immune system and drives unsustainable pain.
Herpes symptoms generally appear just after 2 or 3 weeks after HSV infection on the outer surface. Symptoms don’t simply last than 10-20 days; i,e:
- Having a cold sore around your mouth.
- Itching extremely on your lips.
- Burning red blisters all over your mouth and genital.
- Painful urination.
These are the very first symptoms that appear externally. You should take a quick action right when you see these symptoms or it will cost you unpredictably. These symptoms tend to appear over and over if you don’t take it seriously.
Herpes simplex virus (HSV) effects internally the most. Internally doesn’t mean that you are affected on any of your body organs inside but to feel it. It grows internally faster without knowing you that you have herpes virus in your system. You can identify it with these symptoms including:
- Suffering from high fever.
- Lack of appetite.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- feeling extremely tired.
- pain and gritty feeling on eyes.
These symptoms all together ensure infection of HSV virus.
Causes of Herpes:
Herpes is a virus which transport body to body. Those who are with a weaker immune system it is susceptible to be infected by herpes, especially old age people. Below are the causes of herpes simplex virus you need to know and the things you need to avoid.
Causes that infects you with Herpes:
- Having sex with the person who has the symptoms.
- Oral sex and kissing with the person who has cold sores.
- Genital contact with the affected one.
- Sharing items that can pass the disease from the infected person, such as towel, clothing, cup, lip bum etc.
Some additional topics you need to know:
- Using a protection while sex may prevent to pass the disease from one to another.
- Sharing the same toilet seat with the infected one doesn’t bring any harm.
- Herpes infected person with the lower immune system may susceptible to HIV.
They say prevention is better than cure. So, the person with HSV infection must prevent the disease from multiplying. It is very important to follow these steps that I have given above for not to spread the infection to your loved one.
Apparently, there is no certain cure for herpes (HSV) virus currently. No drug and pills that can uproot the virus completely but to decrease it. You can only get relieved from the symptoms or you can strengthen your immune system and deny it either way. So basically, you need to have some self-help and regular habits to treat herpes.
Few Steps you Need to Follow:
- Gently wash the affected areas with germ protection soap. It will stop spreading the infection to nearer areas.
- Wash lightly with salt water while removing soap.
- Thoroughly wash your hands, especially whenever you touch the blister.
- Gargling with cold water will help to make you feel better.
- Applying ice on the infected surface will help. Make sure the ice is covered with something, do not apply the ice directly on the skin.
- Bath with lightly salt water if possible. You will feel much batter doing this, it will relieve the pain shortly.
- Always apply any petroleum jelly to the infected area.
Few Things you Need to Avoid:
- Avoid hot, spicy and salty food.
- Don’t wear any tight clothes on the infected area.
- Avoid sexual and oral contact with your partner until the symptoms disappear.
- Always use protection (condom) while having sexual activity.
Don’t ignore the symptoms of this dangerous disease, it is recommended to consult a physician if you see any of the mentioned symptoms. Well then, thank you for going through this post; hope this article was helpful to you. comment below if you want to share your thoughts about this, take care.