Africa the second largest landmass in the globe is a native to various cultures and tradition. It only means that there is abundant of delicious African food recipes and luscious food items. No doubt that African food is quite famous around the globe and who ever have tasted them, they loved it. It is quite trouble-free to prepare as the ingredients are pretty much available all the time and anywhere. African food is simple and mouth watering. Anyone who loves food and who love cooking new kinds of stuff, gonna love this.
There are varieties of food with different taste and flavor all over the regions and in the corners of Africa. If you are a foodie and if you love cooking or at least trying to cook something tasty and simple then you are in the right place. The content is all about African food recipes and tasty cooking. Follow the directions and try to keep up with the exact ingredients.
Methods To Prepare Delicious African Food
African foods are suitable for almost every palate. Starting from the grand feast to the humble grain porridges and vegetables that are the base of all the diets, the favorite dishes of Africa provides the luscious appetite for everyone.
- Nyama Choma the roasted meat
The recipe works best with any red meat, however, it works better with beef. It is best served with Ugali or Irio. You can also use the leftovers in Sukuma wiki.
- Two minced cloves garlic.
- 2 to 3 kilos of short beef ribs or any other red meat that suits best for roasting.
- Simba mbili curry powder (commonly found in Kenya), or any common curry powder.
- Slice two lemon and juice it.
- Turmeric (power or raw).
- Salt to taste.
Methods of preparation:
- Take a medium size glass bowl.
- Mix minced garlic, lemon juice, and the spices properly.
- Add the meat and stir well so that the meat is marinated nicely.
- Keep the coated meat for at least an hour to marinate.
- Grill the meat over charcoal, you can also broil it in a hot oven.
- For best cooking, use a meat thermometer. You can also make good use of intuition for cooking (do not burn though).
- Serve and enjoy.
- Piri-Piri Chicken
This African food requires two recipes. One recipe for Piri-Piri sauce and one recipe fo Piri-Piri chicken. The item is undoubtedly hot so watch out for heat guides. Have a look at the recipe of Piri-Piri sauce first and then Continue with the recipe of Piri-Piri chicken.
Key Process For Mozambican Piri-Piri sauce:
- one tbsp (tablespoon) of tomato paste.
- one teaspoon of paprika.
- one tbsp of brown sugar.
- two teaspoons chili flakes.
- two teaspoons of salt.
- two teaspoons dried thyme.
- two teaspoons of dried oregano.
- a half cup of fresh lemon juice.
- half red bell pepper.
- a half cup of white wine vinegar.
- eight cloves garlic.
- one teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- one cup of peanut or coconut oil.
What You Need to Do
Put all the ingredients in a mixer and blitz it nicely. exclude the oil though. Now pour the oil and mix it until the oil is properly emulsified with the rest of the ingredients forming a sauce. Put the Sauce in a clean and well-sterilized bottle or glass jar and then keep it in the fridge for one month. You can use fresh coriander and parsley with extra lemon juice while using it.
Ps: heat guide- 2 to 3 chilis for mild, 4 to 6 chilis for medium and 7 to10 chilis to call fire service.
- To prepare glaze take 3teaspoonsn of peanut or coconut oil.
- 2 nicely minced cloves garlic.
- 3 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro.
- 2 tablespoon Piri-Piri sauce.
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
Now use a small saucepan and place it over a medium heat. Put the oil, cilantro, and garlic. Sterilize and cook until the garlic turns into brown color for about two to three minutes. later add Piri-Piri sauce and lemon juice and cook for another 2 minute over medium-low heat.
Now have a look on how to prepare chicken. Follow the given steps and avail yourself with all the necessary ingredients mentioned below.
- Take 2 pieces of fresh ginger, peel it and then slice it thinly.
- Take 1 large peeled and quartered shallot.
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh cilantro.
- 3 peeled garlic cloves.
- A half cup of Piri-Piri sauce.
- Take 1 teaspoon of coarse kosher salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper (fresh).
- Disposable aluminum baking pan to catch drips.
- One-fourth cup of peanut, olive or coconut oil and additional for brushing.
- Take one-fourth of lemon juice (fresh).
- 3 to 4 lb of chicken. Split it though the back and open it flat. If necessary, substitute any bone in the chicken cut.
How To Cook:
Put the cilantro, garlic, shallot, and ginger in mixture and process it. Also add Piri-Piri sauce, lemon juice, coarse salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of oil. Process marinade so that it blends nicely. Now place the chicken on its skin upside. use your palm and press to flatten the chicken. Don’t forget to tuck the wing tips under. Take an 11X7X2 inch of glass baking dish and pour half of the marinade in it. Open the chicken wide just like you open a book and place it with the skin down in a single layer. Now pour the remaining marinade over it. Cover it and fridge for at least 4 hours overnight.
Prepare a barbecue of medium heat. Light one burner if you are using 2 burner gas grill. If you are using a charcoal grill, light the briquettes in chimney and pour onto one side of the lower grill rack. Also, place a disposable aluminum pan on the unlit part of the grill. Now place the upper grill rack on the barbecue and brush them with oil.
Take out the chicken from the marinade and arrange the skin-side up on the grill rack over the drip pan. cover your barbecue and grill it till the skin is browned. Use a meat thermometer and insert into the thickest part of the thighs registering 165°F. Turn the meat often for about 40 minutes.
Before serving, transfer the barbecue to a platter then pour the warm glaze over it. Add Piri-Piri sauce and serve.
So folks cook well, eat well, enjoy the flavor and taste. Don’t forget to give a thumbs up if you liked the content. Stay tuned for my next content on the preparation of tasty food and cooking. Till then see you soon. Hav a nice day.
We hate spam and will never spam you!